Residential tenancy

The Magistrates Court has responsibility to hear disputes and to make orders dealing with all residential tenancy matters. These matters are dealt with in the Civil Court as a Minor Civil Claim.

You will find detailed and easy to understand information about your rights and responsibilities at the Consumer Affairs and Fair Trading website. This includes The Rental Guide.

More information

If you are a property owner, go to Rental disputes: information for property owners.

If you are a tenant, go to Rental disputes: information for tenants.